Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Much to come about Iceland
Iceland is just absolutely spectacular. It is so wonderful in its uniqueness, austere beauty, extremism in every form, and just all around wonder. We have three more days here, and I can't wait to see what is next; everyday involves many surprises! A very long post about my 9 days here is on the way, but probably not until I get back to London. To give you a little teaser, so far I have seen: lakes, glaciers, geysers, craters, volcanoes, ancient and kinda new lava fields, a continental rift, lots o' mountains, fjords along the Atlantic Ocean, multiple waterfalls, a glacial lagoon, a highland desert, bubbling mud pits, steaming fissures, and last but not least took a dip in a geothermal pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are such a tease!!!
ReplyDeletePost pictures please... I've never been to Iceland and need to live through your adventure! I'm especially interested in the bubbling mud pits.